Friday, September 4, 2009

Swim Training....

I'm finding it hard to get back into training, after 12 weeks of intense workouts, its become difficult to find the motivation. I'm hoping I can find it next week, I want to concentrate on running.

I went to the pool and tried to get in some laps this afternoon. I'm quickly realizing that the rec pool blows for training. They have a giant slide that creates a swirling current in the pool. I feel like I'm swimming in a heavy cross wind. I was trying to work on improving my kicking, but it was near impossible since I would end up nearly sideways.

I was trying to kid myself that its probably good practice for getting used to currents in open water, but it was a joke. It feels like swimming in a swirling toilet bowl. I managed 900 frustrating yards, but I wasn't happy with the intensity.

I need to find a 50 meter pool...

4 Comments:

At September 5, 2009 at 12:47 PM , Anonymous Peri said...

So my question is, how do you get in the training with 2 kids, particularly swimming? Share your tips!

 
At September 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Mikey said...

The rec center at my office is on the same campus, so I use my lunch hour. I have to cram in a lot of workout time sometimes, but thats how I've been doing it.

 
At September 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous Peri said...

That makes sense -- and good for you! Once I stop nursing Kaisa as my lunch break, I should be able to do that, too. But 2 kids and working is INSANE, you know?

 
At October 31, 2009 at 2:35 AM , Blogger Allvira said...

How much you'll charge for the same training? As I wanna get the same. But it wold be along my kid.

Allvira,
------------------
pass-guaranteed.com reviews

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home