Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stress fracture in my right foot

I've been having some pain in my right foot for a week or so now, and I suspect I may have a stress fracture. All the symptoms seem to fit and the pain is not subsiding.

I took an Advil for the race and I didn't feel any pain. I suspect the adrenaline helped, though the pain has returned.

I thought I had eased into my running workload, but I did a couple of hard runs prior to the race and I ignored the pain. I read that it is about a six to eight week recovery. No running, but I can continue swim and bike. I’m really bummed, I had looked forward to upping my run intensity through the end of the year, but it looks like I might be on the shelf for a while.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Booooooo! No Turkey Trot for you. I guess you'll have to get your pompoms out and cheer me on.
Ann

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home