Monday, October 5, 2009

Slimming and Trimming - The Off Season Plan

The good news is that my right foot feels better. I'm hoping to get back to doing some running, but I may hold off for another week, I don't want to risk a relapse.

My goal for the winter is to lose another 15-20 pounds which would take me to about 200 pounds. I started at a hefty 241 pounds and have gotten as low as 213 pounds. I suspect my weight has ticked up a bit since I've taken a couple of weeks off from working out.

Here is my planned winter schedule:
  • Monday - rest day
  • Tuesday - 1,800 yard interval swim 2 x 400 yards, 2 x 300 yards & 2 x 200 yards
  • Wednesday - Team workout varies
  • Thursday - Spin/Run
  • Friday - Swim 800 yards
  • Saturday - 2 - 4 mile run
  • Sunday - Stretching/Hockey
I want to maintain my swim fitness over the winter. I also find getting in the pool a nice respite from the balmy fall weather.

I have a 5k planned for Thanksgiving, so I may work in some additional running depending on how my foot feels.

At some point, I'm going to have to address my diet. I've decided to get back to keeping a food journal. I feel its the only way to keep my honest.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan. We need to schedule some "buddy running" days. I'll have my people talk to your people.

A

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home